Educational Lecture: Canine Conditioning for Flyball
1:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m.
Lecture will cover:
- Advocating for your dog with consideration to your chosen sport.
- Conformation best suited to flyball and areas to focus on if conformation has some weaknesses.
- Common injuries in flyball.
- Pre/post event warm-up and cool down.
- Areas of strengthening particular to flyball.
- Conditioning, including timing of time off.
- Nutrition and timing of meals before, during and after an event.
Canine Evaluations: Open to dogs in any sport
8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and 2:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
Sign up for a 10-minute evaluation of your dog, consisting of:
- Conformation evaluation with focus on strengths and weaknesses.
- Gait evaluation to rule out any issues.
- Palpation and range of motion checks to rule out any weakness.
- A brief conditioning plan for the future.
Lecture only: $10 members, $15 non-members
Lecture & audit: $20 members, $25 non-members
Lecture, canine evaluation & audit: $50 members, $60 non-members
Additional canine evaluation: $40/dog members, $45/dog non-membersDownload Registration Form
You may request a morning or afternoon evaluation. You will receive your scheduled time via e-mail.
About Cindy Hickey: As owner and instructor of the Supreme Motion Canine Sports Massage program, Cindy has 27 years’ experience in canine and equine sports massage. She is a traditional Chinese medicine practitioner, is certified in Canine Fitness and is a Reiki Master Teacher. She is an experienced dog breeder, search and rescue trainer and performance dog trainer who has competed in everything from marathon sled dog races to herding to barn hunt to recreational bike jouring and sledding. More at www.suprememotion.com