Agility Trial Ring Stress Behaviors Seminar
Friday – Sunday, March 6-8, 2020
Presented by Kory Kaye
Do you and your dog enjoy flawless runs in class or practice, yet struggle to run clean at trials? Then this seminar is for you. Presented by highly accomplished agility trainer and competitor Kory Kaye, this seminar is geared towards currently trialing agility teams who want to work on an issue they’ve been having that SHOWS UP ONLY AT TRIALS.
Ring stress examples include but are not limited to the following:
- Your dog stresses and disengages at trials but is fine in class or at home
- Start line trouble at trials only
- Obstacle avoidance happening only at trials
- Contacts or weaves are great at home but not in the trial.
We will create a trial-like environment in the seminar where participants may work on problems they are having. Together we will examine the issues and work on methods to succeed in solving the problem. We will also work on how and when to use the new tools available at trials including FEO, Fix & Go and reward boxes in UKI.
Issues that are out of scope for this seminar include:
- Leaving the ring WHEN dog is not with owner, but being run by a surrogate handler
- Novice teams who have not yet entered trials.
Seminar Hours: Friday 6:00-9:00 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 9:00 – 4:00.
Saturday and Sunday will have facilitated ‘working’ lunch breaks. Lunch is included in your registration fee.
All working spots are $250
Audit spots are $95 for TCOTC members; $30 for TCOTC staff; $125 for non-members; $50 for junior handlers